Varieties of fresh and frozen foods for marine fish are more convenient and are more readily available than many live foods.
Fish fillets, shrimp, clams, and scallops are some of the fresh foods that are an excellent choice for feeding young saltwater fishes.
Good diets for herbivores and omnivores are various plant materials such as spinach, lettuce and algae.
Fresh fish is an excellent food for your saltwater aquarium fishes and invertebrates.
It can be purchased, cut into small pieces, and frozen for later use.
Get portion of frozen food from the freezer, thaw the food in a small amount of warm water, and then feed them to your fishes.
Selecting fresh and frozen food is important. White, firm-fresh fish are the best once to choose (flounder, halibut, snapper and haddock) rather than oily species (salmon, mackerel, and herring) because they can cause buildup of oil on the surface of your aquarium water.
Fresh raw shrimp is one of the best foods for feeding saltwater fish.
You can cut the shrimp into small pieces to feed your smaller saltwater aquarium fishes.
Larger chunks will be taken whole by the bigger ones. It is also good for feeding se anemones, hermit crabs and other invertebrates.
If you use frozen shrimp, remove a portion from the freezer, thaw it in warm water, then remove shell and legs.
Scallops, Clams, Mussels
These are also excellent foods. Prepare it by cutting small pieces to feed your smaller fishes and larger pieces can be fed to larger fishes.
Clams and mussels needs to be cleaned thoroughly to remove any sand or other foreign material that is sometimes still in the shell.
Spinach lettuce, algae and other plant materials can also be fed either fresh or frozen.
If you are using it fresh, steam it a little bit just enough to wilt the plants. It will be easier for your fish to consume it this way.
Frozen spinach needs to be thawed.
Surgeonfish and parrotfishes are some of the herbivores that will benefit these plant material foods.
- NUTRITION: Veggie Rounds are loaded with fresh ocean kelp hand harvested in Alaska! They are rich in Omega 3 & 6 HUFA's to support strong immune systems, and contain Spirulina, a powerful cyanobacterium that eliminates internal bacteria and pathogens
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: No meals, hydrolysates, digests, or any other pre-processed protein
- KEEP A CLEANER TANK: Our Veggie Rounds are naturally insoluble, which reduces water pollution, and they have significantly less starch, which reduces fish waste
- INSTRUCTIONS: Feed 1-2 rounds daily, or as much as can be consumed in 4 hours. If uneaten food remains after 4 hours, remove it and begin to feed a smaller amount
- GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Min Crude Protein 35% / Min Crude Fat 10% / Max Crude Fiber 4% / Max Moisture 8.5% / Max Ash 9%
* Disclaimer: Saltwater-Aquarium-Online-Guide.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. We may receive a small commission if you click on one of our links and make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Saltwater-Aquarium-Online-Guide.com and helping me make it the best site possible!
Last update on 2023-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API